Friday 8 November 2013

What do Room 10 think a machine is....?

We are learning all about machines….

Here’s what the children in Room 10 think a machine is
J

"I think a machine is a knife or a spoon or fork" Hailey.

"I think a machine is something that moves" Bailey.  

“I think that a machine is a car” Brayden.

“I think that scientists create machines to use; like Indy Cars for racing in the United States” Krystal.

“I think that tools and rugby balls are machines” Manaia.

“A machine is a type of vehicle that moves around” Suma.

“I think a motorbike is a machine” Degan.

“Machines are electrical – they make things work with a switch” Kohatu.

“Machines can make things move that are heavy” Isileli

“A machine has parts that helps it to move, they work from power” Destiny.

“A machine is a car or something that has handlebars” Braydon.

“I think that I am a machine because I can make things and I have lots of different parts – I can talk and walk and live for 100 years! – What do you think?” Keilia.

“I think a machine is a moving or working vehicle” Connor.

“I think a machine is something that uses power and works together with something” Dayton.

“I think a machine is something that has parts. Machines need batteries and they turn on and off” Mary Angel.

“I think some machines have pedals and wheels” Ethan.

“I think a machine is something that has power and parts to make it work” Tayla.

“Some cars and toys don’t have batteries and some do – the battery can make them go” Laclee.

“Machines have parts and they use electricity. They have engines and lots of power to work” Geordan.

“I think a machine is something that does a job, has more than 7 parts and weighs a lot” Isaiah.

“I think a machine is something that has different parts/equipment. It needs gas or electricity to go and has wheels, tracks or rollers” Telesha.

“A machine is something that is made to do a job. It has several parts, and is made in factories by smart people (scientists) that make machines to do their job” Caleb.

“I think a machine is a digger because it has wheels and levers” Viliami. 

“I think a machine does a job” Macey. 


Our disappearing definition…
A machine is a device or tool that has several parts that work together to do a job.

1 comment:

  1. that's funny how long have we had that there

    ReplyDelete